The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.
Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.
Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.
It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!
- Herd Conformity
That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.
- Lack of Perspective
Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.
- Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies
Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.
- Counterproductive Pride
That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.
- Lack of Aesthetics
This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.
- Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
- Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
- When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
- If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
- Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
- Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
- Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
- Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
- Do not harm little children.
- Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
- When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
A Pact with the Devil and a Nobleman in Pignerole in 1676.
A Pact with the Devil
1. Lucifer, you are bound to deliver to me immediately 100,000 pounds of money in gold!
2. You will deliver me the first Tuesday of every month 1,000 pounds.
3. You will bring me this gold in current money, of such kind that no only I, but also all those to whom I may wish to give some, may use it.
4. The foresaid gold must be not false, must not disappear in one´s hand, or turn to stone or coals. It should be metal stamped by the hands of men, legal and valid in all lands.
5. If I need a considerable sum of money, no matter when or for what purpose, you are duty bound to deliver to me secret or buried treasure. Nor need I fetch it myself from wherever it may be hidden or burried, but you must deliver it into my hands, without any trouble to me, to wherever I happen to be at one time, to dispose of according to my own wishes and pleasure.
6. You are bound to cause no injury to my body and limbs, and do nothing to weaken my health, but preseve me from human illnesses and injury for 50 years.
7. If, contrary to our expectations, I should happen to become ill, you are bound to procure for me profed remedies to help me regain my previous good health as soon as possible.
8. Our agreement is to begin on this date.. in the year 1676, and to end on the same day in 1727. You are not to tamper with this period or encroach on my rights, or make a false reckoning (as you have often formerly accustomed to do).
9. When my time has finally run out, you are to let me die like all other men, without any shame or disgrace, and be honorably buried.
10. You are bound to make me loves and accepted by the King and all the aristocrats, by high and low, men and women, so that I may always be assured of good will and affection, and that everybody will grant without question what I may desire of them.
11. You are bound to transport me (and any other) without injury to the ends of the world, wherever I desire, no matter how far distant. You are to make me immediately so expert in the language of that place that I shall be able to speak it fluently. When I have satisfied my curiosity sufficiently, you will bring me back again, uninjured, to my home.
12. You are bound to protect me from all harm from bombs, firearms, and other weapons, so that nothing may strike me and injure my body or limbs.
13. Your are bound to assist me in my dealings with the King and help me prevail over my special enemies.
14. You are bound to provide me with a magic ring so that whenever I put it on my finger I shall become invisible and invulnerable.
15. You are bound to give me true and thorough information, without distortion or ambiguity, about any question I ask of you.
16. You are bound to give me advance warning of any secret plot against me, and to give me ways and means to thwart those plots and to bring them to naught.
17. You are bound to teach me whatever languages I may desire to learn so that I can read, converse, and express opinions as perfectly as if I had known them thoroughly from childhood.
18. You are bound to endow me with good sense, understanding, and intelligence, so that I can discuss all problems logically and can give an informed opinion about them.
19. You are bound to protect and look after me in all courts of justice and council chambers of King, Bishop or Pope, before whom I might be summoned.
20. You are bound to protect me and my household from injury, whether domestic or foreign, from theft, and from harm.
21. I am to be permitted to lead my life in outward appearance like a good Christian, and to attend divine service without your interfering.
22. You are bound to teach me how to prepare medical prescriptions and the correct use and administering of them in dosage and weight.
23. If one any occasion, skirmish or fight, I should be attacked or set upon, you are to take up the challenge for me and produce help and assistance against all enemies.
24. You are bound to prevent anyone, no matter whom, for konwing about your accord and compact.
25. As often as I desire your presence, you are to appear to me in a loving and ageeable form, never in a frightening or horrible shape.
26. You are to see that each and every person shall do my bidding.
27. You are to promise me and bind yourself to kepp unbroken these clauses, individually and collectively, and to comply assiduously wiht all of them. If you fal me in the slightest degee or display any negligence, then this pact and accord is null and void and of no force whatever.
28. In return for the foregoing promises, I swear and vow to deliver into your power several men and women. Furthermore, I renounce God, the most Holy Trinity; I wholly renounce the vows made for me at baptism. I step forward with you in a new alliance and submit myself to you both in body and soul, forever into eternity.
If you intend to call any evil Spirit to the circle, you must first of all to consider and know his nature, to which of the planets it agrees, and what offices are distributed to him from the planet.
This being known, find a place fit and proper for his evocation, according to the nature of the planet and the quality of the offices of the same spirit. For example, if his power be over the sea, rivers or floods, then choose a place on the shore.
In like manner, choose a convenient time, both for the quality of the air, which should be serene, clear, quiet and fitting for the spirits to assume bodies, and for the quality and nature of the planet, day or night.
These things being considered, let there be a magick circle framed at the place elected, as well for the defence of the master as for the confirmation of the spirit. In the circle itself there are to be written the general divine names, and those things which do yield defence unto us; the divine names which do rule the said planet, with the offices of the spirit himself; the names, finally, of the good spirits which bear rule and are able to bind and constrain that spirit which you intend to call. If you would further fortify your circle, you may add characters and pentacles agreeing to the work. So also, and within or without the circle, you may frame the seal of the spirit.
Moreover, the operator is to be provided with lights, perfumes, unguents and medicines compounded according to the nature of the planet and spirit, which do agree with the spirit. The operator can also be furnished with holy and consecrated things for the defence of the master and his fellows. Such are holy papers, lamens, pictures, pentacles, swords, sceptres and garments.
When all these are provided, the master and his fellows being in the magick circle, and all those things which he uses, let him say the conjuration with a loud voice and a convenient gesture and countenance.
Let him then rest a little, looking about him to see if any spirit do appear, which if he delay, let him repeat his conjuration as before, until he has done it three times. If the Spirit be still pertinacious and will not appear, let him begin to conjure him with divine power, but in such a way that all the conjurations and commemorations do agree with the nature and offices of the spirit himself. Reiterate the same three times, from stronger to stronger, using objurgations, contumelies, cursings and punishments.
After all the courses are finished, again cease a little, and if any spirit shall appear, let the master turn towards him, receive him courteously, and, earnestly entreating him, let him require his name. Then proceeding further, let him ask whatsoever he will.
But if in anything the spirit shall shew himself obstinate or lying, let him be bound by convenient conjurations, and if you still doubt of any lie, make outside the circle, with the consecrated sword, the figure of a triangle or pentacle, and compel the Spirit to enter it. If you would have any promise confirmed upon oath, stretch the sword out of the circle, and swear the Spirit by laying his hand upon the sword.
Then having obtained of the Spirit that which you desire, or being otherwise contented, license him to depart with courteous words, giving command unto him that he do no hurt. If he will not depart, compel him by powerful conjurations, and, if need require, expel him by exorcism and by making contrary fumigations.
When he is departed, go not out of the circle, but stay, making prayer for your defence and conservation. All these things being orderly performed, you may depart.
But if your hopes are frustrated, and no spirit will appear, yet for this do not despair, but, leaving the circle, return again at other times, doing as before. And if you shall judge that you have erred in anything, then you shall amend by adding or diminishing, for the constancy of reiteration does often increase your authority and power, and strikes terror into the spirits, humbling them to obedience.
I invoke and conjure thee, O spirit (name of the spirit), and, fortified with the power of the Supreme Majesty, I strongly command thee by BARALAMENSIS, BALDACHIENSIS, PAUMACHIE, APOLORESEDES and the most potent princes GENIO, LIACHIDE, Ministers of the Tartarean Seat, chief princes of the seat of APOLOGIA in the ninth region; I exorcise and command thee, O Spirit N., by Him Who spake and it was done, by the Most Holy and glorious Names ADONAI, EL, ELOHIM, ELOHE, ZEBAOTH, ELION, ESCHERCE, JAH, TETRAGRAMMATON, SADAI: do thou forthwith appear and shew thyself unto me, here before this circle, in a fair and human shape, without any deformity or horror; do thou come forthwith, from whateverpart of the world, and make rational answers to my questions; come presently, come visibly, come affably, manifest that which I desire, being conjured by the Name of the Eternal, Living and True God, HELIOREM; I conjure thee also by the particular and true Name of thy God to whom thou owest thine obedience; by the name of the King who rules over thee, do thou come without tarrying; come, fulfil my desires; persist unto the end, according, to mine intentions.
If the spirit comes not at the rehearsing of these Conjuration, as without doubt he will, proceed as follows, it being a Constraint:
I conjure thee, O spirit (name of the spirit), by all the most glorious and efficacious Names of the Great and Incomparable Lord the God of Hosts, come quickly and without delay, front whatsoever part of the world thou art in; make rational answers to my demands; come visibly, speak affably, speak intelligibly to my understanding. I conjure and constrain thee, O Spirit (name of the spirit), by all the aforesaid Names, as also by those seven other Names wherewith Solomon bound thee and thy fellows in the brazen vessels to wit, ADONAI, PRERAI, TETRAGRAMMATON, ANEXHEXETON, INESSENSATOAL, PATHUMATON and ITEMON; do thou manifest before this circle, fulfil my will in all things that may seem good to me. Be disobedient, refuse to come, and by the power of the Supreme Being, the everlasting Lord, that God Who created thee and me, the whole world, with all contained therein, in the space of six days; by EYE, by SARAY, by the virtue of the Name PRIMEMATUM, which commands the whole host of Heaven; be disobedient, and behold I will curse and deceive thee of thine office, thy joy and thy place; I will bind thee in the depths of the bottomless pit, there to remain until the Day of the Last judgment. I will chain thee in the Lake of Eternal Fire, in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone, unless thou come quickly, appearing before this circle, to do my will Come, therefore, in the Holy Names ADONAI, ZEBAOTH, AMIORAM; come, ADONAI commands thee.
When the spirit appears, say the following.
Welcome of the Spirit
Welcome, spirit, welcome art thou unto me; I have called through Him Who created Heaven, Earth and Hell, with all contained therein, and thou hast obeyed, also by the like power. I bind thee to remain affably and visibly before this circle, within this triangle, so long as I need thee, to depart not without my license, till thou hast truly and faithfully fulfilled all that I shall require.
The Magick Wand
The magick wand or rod is a symbol of authority. It is an important weapon and symbol of supreme power. In witchcraft the wand should be made of hazel, having no branches or offshoots.
In necromancy the wand should be made of a graveyard tree and is an emblem of death.
The wand must be cut and trimmed on the day and in the hour of the Sun with the magick athame, while the following characters must be inscribed upon it on the day and in the hour of Mercury:
Let the following words be recited when the writing is finished:
“O ADONAY, most Holy and most Powerful, vouchsafe to consecrate and bless this Rod, so that it may possess the required virtue, O most Holy ADONAY, to whom be honour and glory for ever and over. Amen.”
Lastly, the instrument should be asperged, fumigated, stained with sacrificial blood and put away in the silken cloth. The magician always keeps his wand, when not in use, wrapped in silken cloth, of any colour except black or brown.
Athame or Arthame
The witch´s black-hilted knife, allegedly endowed with magical properties. It is used for drawing the magick circle as decribed in grimoires and textbooks on magic. It has always magick symbols or characters engraved on the one-sided blade, and sometimes the handle is also decorated.
The Magick Sword
Their colours and design have symbolic significance. To put on a robe is a sign of assuming a frame of mind suitable to the ceremony to be performed.
The names of gods and others that have been handed down through generations are considered to be significant and effective in magick because they contain and transmit the power of the god or demon. The various grimoires contain names of power which are used during incantation in the construction of a magick circle when the relevant names are chanted over and over again, in the course of evoking spirits and making them obey the magician’s wishes. The pronouncing of a name of power automatically brings the power of the god or demon into operation, and the repeated chanting of the name not only taps the power of the entity being summoned, but also works the magician up into a state of frenzy in which supernatural forces and his own inner energy become united and reach a pitch where he is satisfied that he is able to compel the spirit to appear and obey commands.
Such names of power are:
Abac, Achides, Achilla, Adam, Adonai (ADNY), Agios, Agia, Agnon, Aldal, Alpha, Asmoedeas, Aumgn, Beroth, Buseeognation, Cados, Craton, Delgaliel, Derisor, Destatur, Diaton, Ehyeh, El, El Oristan, Eloa, Elohim, Emmanuel, Gabriel, Gomeh, Guthae, Guthor, Hain, Havayoth, Helim, Hilay, Hudac, lat, Ischyros, Isis, Jehovah, Laaval, Ledieha, Lendiction, Lon, Mach, Maton, Melekh, Messias, Metatron, Michael, Milia, Monachiel, Muriton, Noth, Ob, Omega, Panthon, Pentessaron, Radisha, Raphael, Ruach, Sabaoth, Sadai, Sechiel, Shaddai, Sibylla, Sifton, Sorthie, Sorthios, Sorthis, Tegra, Tetragrammaton, Tistator, Uriel, Venibbeth, Yah and Yod He Vau He (YHVH).